Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Dinner Time! Chicken and Italian Dressing Mix!

  I'm always trying to think of new things to make for dinner. I always end up making the same things over and over. While I don't mind, because they're super delicious, I get bored with making and eating the same things. I mostly make, lasagna, chili, hamburger helper and tacos. I used to make spaghetti, but lasagna took the place of that. I remember once I forgot to make the spaghetti without the meat. Oh let me tell you, Craig never lets me live that one down! The great thing about the internet and more specifically pinterest, is that there are tons of ideas on what to make for dinner. I admittedly "pin" various food items that I probably won't make anytime in the near future, but maybe since I'm getting a little more brave in the kitchen, I'll attempt to make some of those things.
  One day I was on a blog entering a giveaway and one of the entries said to comment on another blog post. So I went searching for the most recent ones the blogger posted and found a recipe. I read through and commented so I could gain an extra entry into the giveaway. I will mention as a side note, I did not end up winning that particular giveaway. Yeah, I was pretty bummed. Oh well, I got a pretty awesome recipe to try out anyway. That sounds like a win to me! This blogger mentioned how she found this recipe on pinterest where we all find the best recipes.
  Alright, the instructions and what you'll need, are as follows:
1lb boneless, skinless chicken
1-2 cans of green beans (I used a bag of frozen green beans)
5-6 small red potatoes
1 package of Italian dressing mix (.7 oz pack. I used Hidden Valley)
1 stick of butter
You'll want to preheat your oven to 350. Next organize your chicken, green beans and potatoes in a 9x13 dish. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning packet over the entire dish. Melt the butter in the microwave and poor over everything. Then you'll cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for one hour.

This was definitely a shot in the dark since I'd never quite made anything like it before. I was worried how Craig would like it and how it would turn out. Surprisingly it turned out rather well and Craig said he enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty good myself, although, I would like to try to substitute something instead of the butter, personally. I thought it was delicious, but I'd like to experiment around with the dish a little bit. Anyway, here is a picture of the finished product. It looks so tasty I want to make it again!
OH! If you decide to make it, please let me know how it turns out for you and your family!! Just leave a comment for me below.

2 comments:

  1. We've had this a few times too! Love the way the green beans turn out! Did you cut your chicken into pieces before baking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually bought smaller pieces of chicken, the blog I found this recipe on suggested smaller pieces. My husband said he really liked the green beans too. I even gave my Dad leftovers and he loved it too.
      (Sorry it took so long to reply. I need to keep up better on my blog.)

      Delete